Today’s post features my favorite meal during our trip to Cuba. I’ve written before about the food for our first two days in Cuba — delicious but with a certain sameness about the offerings. The variety of food increased when we arrived in Havana.
Our most varied meal was served at an organic farm that we visited during a day trip from Havana to the west of the island, in the Pinar del Rio province.
Join me next week — I’ll share some of what I learned about agriculture in Cuba for the Weekend Cooking folks.
Here are my previous posts about Cuba, most with photos for Saturday Snapshot at West Metro Mommy Reads:
- Photos of Entering Cuba
- Book review of Cuban Revelations by Marc Frank
- Photos of the Palacio de Valle
- Book review of Our Man in Havana by Graham Greene
- Photos of downtown Cienfuegos
- Food in Cuba
- Colorful Trinidad, Cuba
- Book review of Havana Nocturne by T.J. English with photos of 50s Cuba
- Interiors of a 1929 house in Havana
- Colors of Cuba exhibit
- Views of Havana from Hotel Capri
- Architecture and book stalls in the Plaza de Armas, Havana
- Food in Havana
- Plaza de la Catedral, Havana
- A non-touristy walk in Havana