It’s a good thing that I kept my reading goals modest today because it looks like this is going to be the last fine day we have before several days of rain. This means I’m being pulled to get some work done in the garden. I posted photos this morning of what I’ve done so far. Today is the St. Louis Master Gardener Plant Sale, so I’ll be able to plug in some of those blank spots.
The traditional first post of the read-a-thon asks us to answer some introductory questions:
1) What fine part of the world are you reading from today?
Kirkwood, Missouri, a suburb of St. Louis. We were late getting spring here, but it has sprung all at once!
2) Which book in your stack are you most looking forward to?
Quicksilver by Neal Stephenson
3) Which snack are you most looking forward to?
The macaron I saved from last night’s wedding reception
4) Tell us a little something about yourself!
I have a new niece-in-law! She loves to travel and enjoys art and good food. We’re going to really enjoy having her in the family.
5) If you participated in the last read-a-thon, what’s one thing you’ll do different today?
I’m looking forward to what appears to be the best-ever organization behind the scenes for cheerleaders. Let’s see how that works!
Are you participating in Dewey’s Read-a-Thon today?