I’m so excited for the first-ever week-long Bloggiesta! Bloggiesta is a fun working party to make our blogs all nice and spiffy — spring-cleaning for the website.
In case you didn’t see it earlier, I’m running a mini-challenge for this Bloggiesta about Making Memes. Check it out! I have a very low-commitment level to join, so if you’ve ever wanted to have a good think about whether or not you want to host a meme, this is the perfect opportunity!
The Bloggiesta folks organized the Twitter chats for each day by a theme, so I’m going to follow the same themes to organize my goals this week.
Here’s the plan:
Sunday — Preparation. This is my standard list of what I do at the beginning of Bloggiesta.
Back up with FileZilla Back up with WordPress tool Install WordPress updates Test my website load time with Pingdom Tools as recommended by The Redhead Riter Run the security scan at Sucuri as recommended by Sophisticated Dorkiness
Monday — PEOPLE.
Comment on Bloggiesta sign-up posts Complete a people-oriented mini-challengeEstella’s Revenge feed reader challenge Look into nReply and other comment notifiers to put on my blogOn hold while I decide about JetPack which might do the job for me Think about how to establish a habit of replying to all comments on my blog Look into Feedly Think about how to establish a habit of reading blogs more regularly 3pm Central Time: participate in Twitter chat on Comments and Followers
Tuesday — E-PRESENCE.
Complete a social media mini-challengeSuey’s Twitter Chat Tutorial
- Catch up on Google Plus.
- Think about how to establish a habit of using Google Plus more
Clean up all emails that are related to my blog
- Reorganize my Pinterest boards
Think about how to make better use of PinterestLindsay’s Pin Your Author Interviews Clean up my Twitter follows 6pm Central Time: participate in Twitter chat on Social Media
Wednesday — DISPLAY.
- Complete a display-oriented mini-challenge
- Clean up my Categories
- Update the Health Books page
- Set up a Books Read page
11am Central Time: participate in Twitter chat on layout
Thursday — REVIEWS.
- Complete a mini-challenge about blog posts
- Write all out-standing reviews
- Draft other future posts
- (no Twitter chat for me on Thursday because I’ll be learning about Witnessing Whiteness at a community meeting)
Friday — ORGANIZE.
Complete an organization mini-challengeTwo, actually: a Treasure Trove of Post Ideas offered by Ms. Bookish and the mini-challenge on Trello by Kassiah at Pretty Sassy Cool
- Finish the Books Read page if I didn’t get it done on Wednesday
- Work on new habits for G+, Pinterest, email, and blog-reading
- 8pm Central Time: participate in Twitter chat on organization
Saturday — BOOKS and READING.
- Complete a mini-challenge about books and reading
- Consider how I’m doing on my 2015 challenges and plan to make progress
Read somethingFairest by Marissa Meyer
- (No Twitter chat for me on Saturday because I’ll be attending a family gathering, an early Easter celebration to accommodate a college student on spring break)
Sunday — FEEDBACK and FREE FOR ALL.
- Complete a mini-challenge that looks like fun
- Investigate plug-ins that might help my site’s speed, security, or SEO
2pm Central Time: participate in “free for all” Twitter chat
If I get even half of all that done, it will be a very good week! Are you joining the Bloggiesta party?