I’ve paid big bucks in fancy restaurants for salads with baby kale. But not this time! I’m thinning my fall crop of kale. The plants I pull out can go in the compost or my salad. I voted for the salad!
- Baby kale thinned from my garden
- Mixed lettuce and radishes from the CSA box
- Bean sprouts and leafy sprouts grown on my kitchen counter
- Salad dressing made on the fly from balsamic vinegar, toasted sesame oil, soy sauce, dijon mustard, and Grade B maple syrup
- Dried blueberries and pumpkin seeds from Whole Foods