My favorite time of the reading year — choosing the challenges for the coming year. This time, I’m doing it in conjunction with A Month of Faves and Top Ten Tuesday. Today’s topic: Top Ten Goals/Resolutions For 2015 — bookish, blogging or otherwise! That seems like a good Top Ten topic for signing up for my reading challenges of 2015 along with talking about my resolutions.
2. Improve my Mood.
3. Write the Darn Book!
Check out my sign-up post for the books that I plan to read to support those goals.
4. The “Live Healthier” resolution is going to need more than a month’s worth of reading, so I’m signing up for The Healthy Lifestyle Books Reading Challenge 2015 at the Marathon level of 15 books or more. That’s a lot, but some will be quick-reading cookbooks.
6. Nearly all of the books I read for The New Year’s Resolution Reading Challenge, The Healthy Lifestyle Books Reading Challenge 2015, and Foodies Read 2015 Challenge will be nonfiction. I also enjoy nonfiction on other topics like travel and history, so I’ll sign up for The Nonfiction Reading Challenge at the Master level of 16-20 books. That one is hosted by The Introverted Reader.
7. I get a kick out of the What’s in a Name Challenge every year. I rarely seek out books to meet the requirements, but it’s fun to discover that a book I’ve just read counts. Check out the cool categories for the 2015 challenge on The Worm Hole blog.
9. I predict that 2015 will be a year when diversity is on our minds, so I’m signing up for the Diversity on the Shelf 2015 challenge hosted by My Little Pocketbooks. I’ll sign up for the 2nd Shelf level of 7 to 12 books.
10. For my last resolution / challenge, I’ll set my annual goal on Goodreads of 50 books. I sometimes go a lot over that. For 2014, the number currently sits at 72 and I might get it to 73 by the end of New Year’s Eve. But, I like to set this at a number that I’m pretty sure I’ll achieve no matter what happens in 2015.
What resolutions, goals, and challenges are you committing to for 2015?