Saturday mornings are busy in the blogging world! My Weekend Cooking (Book Review: Cooked by Michael Pollan (Part 4)) and Saturday Snapshot (Environmental Portraits Photography Workshop) posts are up, so now I’m ready to join Dewey’s Read-a-Thon!
Here are my answers to the introductory questions:
1) What fine part of the world are you reading from today? I’m in Kirkwood, Missouri, a suburb of St. Louis. We started off with the perfect reading weather — rainy and cool. But it will get sunny and warm in time for the Cardinals game this afternoon. Go Cards!
2) Which book in your stack are you most looking forward to? The one I’m about half-way through and anxious to get back to: The Perfume Collector by Kathleen Tessarro, an exciting dual story set in 1927 New York and 1955 Paris.
3) Which snack are you most looking forward to? Sorry, guys, I’m a recovering overeater. I can’t make my read-a-thon about snacks. I’ll be eating my ordinary snacks this afternoon: cereal with a few dark chocolate chips and a slice of toast spread with yogurt cheese with a honey crisp apple.
4) Tell us a little something about yourself! I’ve been talking a lot about myself lately because I’m doing the October Memoir Challenge. It seems I’m all dried up, so if you really want to know, check out a couple of my posts:
5) If you participated in the last read-a-thon, what’s one thing you’ll do different today? It’s been awhile. I think I’m going to count pages, but not hours because I’m always disappointed in how few hours I manage to read because I have so much fun being a cheerleader and participating in other read-a-thon activities.
Are you participating in Dewey’s Read-a-Thon today?