On our last day of our road trip, we drove from Dodge City, KS, back home to Louisiana, MO – a pretty long day, but not the longest of our trip!
As Dale and I have been talking about our memories, we noted the sacrifices that our parents made to take us on a trip like this — something that was harder to see when we were kids.
So, lots of gratitude at the end of this project to post about our family trip day-by-day.
Thanks to my parents for taking us on this trip – fortunately, I did manage to say that once or twice while they were still living.
Thanks to Mother for keeping a trip diary and holding on to it. That’s what made this project possible.
Thanks to Dale for sharing his memories and helping me tap into mine. We built a very long email thread and engaged in several phone conversations.
Thanks to everyone who reacted or responded to these posts – you made this project even more fun than I expected it to be.
Here are the posts in chronological order to make it easier to read about this trip from start to finish:
- June 3, 1971: Missouri to Colorado
- June 4, 1971: Over the Rockies
- June 5, 1971: Dinosaur National Monument
- June 6, 1971: Salt Lake City
- June 7, 1971: Las Vegas
- June 8, 1971: Anaheim
- June 9, 1971: Disneyland, Day 1
- June 10, 1971: Disneyland, Day 2
- June 9 and 10, 1971: England in Disneyland
- June 11, 1971: Marineland and the beach
- June 12, 1971: Anaheim to Grand Canyon
- June 13, 1971: Grand Canyon to Albuquerque
- June 14, 1971: Dodge City