I’m doing the A to Z Challenge in April, using the theme of the UK & Ireland. S is for Steam.
I’ve wanted to go to England since I was old enough to read Jane Austen and Charles Dickens. My husband never shared that interest, so I looked for things we could both enjoy during our trip in 2014. That meant lots of focus on the Age of Steam and the Industrial Revolution. Here are all the posts (so far — I’m currently reading a book about the steam engines at Crofton Pumping Station) ordered in a way to introduce steam:
- The Most Powerful Idea in the World — a book review
- Replica of Newcomen Engine at the Black Country Living Museum
- Steam engines at the ThinkTank in Birmingham
- Steam engines at the Science Museum in London
- The Annual Steam Gala at Crofton Pumping Station
- Brunel’s SS Great Britain in Bristol
What have you read, watched, or visited that help you understand steam engines?