I just noticed that I have 499 posts. It seems like the 500th post should be significant in some way. Since next week is Thanksgiving, how about a list of things I’m grateful for?
Home Sweet Home. I love the way my blog makes me feel like I have a home on the web. My blog is a place I’ve decorated and made my own, then invited others in for a visit.
My Guests. Thank you to everyone who has visited. Thank you to everyone who has subscribed to my blog by email or added my feed to your feed reader. A special heart-felt thanks to everyone who has taken a moment to write a comment or share a post on Twitter or Facebook — those interactions make my day!
My Neighborhoods. From the home base of my blog, it’s natural to visit other blogs. I love the communities of blogs that welcome my visits — book bloggers, librarians, diet and fitness enthusiasts, writers, and (my newest neighborhood) midlife women.
Block Parties. Thanks to everyone who hosts or participates in a special event or a weekly gathering to bring together the members of these communities. Here are some parties I’ve enjoyed recently:
- Bloggiesta hosted by Suey at It’s All About Books and Danielle at There’s a Book — the next party is scheduled for March 29th – 31st, 2013
- Dewey’s Read-a-Thon — the next 24 hour read-a-thon will be in April 2013
- October Memoir and Backstory Blog Challenge — the first annual event will return next October
- Pin It and Do It Challenge — hosted by Trish at Love, Laughter, and a Touch of Insanity. A special holiday version of the challenge starts today!
- GenFab Blog Hop — watch for the next hop for midlife women bloggers in early December
- #WSChat Twitter chat — chat for writers on Tuesdays at 6 and 9 ET
- #fitblog Twitter chat — chat for fitness bloggers on Tuesdays at 9 ET
- It’s Monday! What Are You Reading? — the weekly book fest at Book Journey
- Tuesday Archive Link-Up — TALU is a blog hop featuring posts that sunk too quickly into the archives
- Readers’ Workouts — a Tuesday link fest for bookish folks doing active things
- Wondrous Words Wednesday — learning new words from links gathered at Bermudaonion’s Weblog.
- Weekend Cooking — a weekly gathering of food posts hosted by Beth Fish Reads
- Saturday Snapshot — photos and their stories hosted by At Home with Books.
If you’re a blogger, what makes you grateful? If you’re not a blogger, do blogs give you something to be grateful for?