Wednesday’s topic for Book Blogger Appreciation Week is “What does book blogging mean to you?” For me, it’s all about the book blogging community.
Smaller weekly memes. These are most like weekly meetings at the local coffee shop. You never know how many people will show up — somewhere between ten and thirty, probably, but drawing from a somewhat larger pool of participants. At first, it’s overwhelming, but after awhile, you start to recognize the regulars. Eventually, you start to connect with some of them outside the meme. Here are the ones I occasionally participate in:
- Wondrous Words Wednesday at Bermudaonion’s Weblog
- Weekend Cooking at Beth Fish Reads
- Saturday Snapshots at At Home With Books
- Readers’ Workouts at Joy’s Book Blog
Okay, that last one’s self-serving. And Readers’ Workouts is not just small, it’s tiny — but growing a little every month. Join us each Tuesday for motivation, accountability, and support for being a reader athlete.
Larger weekly memes. These are more like the Happy Hour of the book blogging world. They never stop being overwhelming and you never get to know everyone, but there’s so much energy! The one I usually join is It’s Monday! What Are You Reading? at Book Journey.
Book Blogging events. These are the community festivals with crowds of participants and multiple activities. Besides Book Blogger Appreciation Week, be sure to check out these current or upcoming events:
- Bloggiesta — a big work party for improving our blogs
- Dewey’s Read-a-Thon — 24 hours of reading and blog hopping
- R.eaders I.mbibing P.eril (RIP VII) — two months of scary books and shows